2018 SPJ Indiana Pro Chapter Scholarship
The SPJ Indiana Pro Chapter is offering up to two $2,500 scholarship to collegiate journalists in spring 2018. The scholarship will be awarded at the chapter's annual banquet on April 27 at Indianapolis Marriott North. Deadline is April 6.
- Applicant must have attended an Indiana high school and currently be attending an Indiana college or university.
- Applicant must be a college sophomore or junior pursuing a career in journalism.
- Applicant must be actively involved in a student media outlet or SPJ chapter on their respective campus.
- Applicant must have an overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale.)
- College transcript mailed to Shaina Cavazos, 719 Virginia Ave, Indianapolis IN, 46203. Transcript must be postmarked by April 6.
- Work samples
- A recommendation letter from a professor or internship supervisor. Please send sealed letter to Shaina Cavazos, 719 Virginia Ave, Indianapolis IN, 46203. Letter must be postmarked by April 6.
- A 300-word typed essay on: "Why the applicant plans to pursue a career in journalism."